Back in the U.S.A.

Been back in the states for a couple of months now. When I first returned I was in my home state of Washington. Was only there for a week when I had to move back down to Flagstaff Arizona to resume my job as a silviculturist for the United States Forest Service. During that week I squeezed in visits with as many old friends as I could. spent 4th of July at a friends lake cabin getting to go tubing. On my way down to Arizona I had been able to visit some family in Idaho and an old friend in Utah where we went flying in his plane. It was a lot of traveling in that week. So returning to the normal took a bit longer than one would think. Going from a very social and relaxed atmosphere in Australia, to a very solitary work life in Flagstaff was definitely a big change. I work in the woods by myself for about 8 hours a day four days a week. I definitely was missing the Australian livelihood, but I had also been looking forward to some real world work. The solitude in the woods is a great time to reflect, and now having graduated college, that time was very necessary. It has been really great to get back into that flow and to pursue other side project of mine. Being back I've been very busy. My work has sent me all over the state for training and work and the overtime has been arduous. But it is nice to start making money again, Australia put me in a whole lot of debt haha. Writing these blogs have also been a great way for me to reflect on my time in Australia. I miss it there, but it is also great to be back. I hope one day to return and to see the friends I've made once again! This has been one of the best and most eventful summers of my life.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo trip to Byron May 20th - 26th

Friends and adventures thus far! April 17th - 28th

Solo trip to the Great Barrier Reef before heading back to the U.S. June 22 - June 27th