Getting into it, orientation week and more! March 8th - 17th

1st week of orientation and excitement was running wild in the air! ...until we had the lectures that is. 5th year of college and i'm doing first year introduction stuff. WOO! I get it, it's necessary, but i'm just ready to explore. I must not have been as much of an extrovert as others because this girl named Madison (who really was a gem) kept getting on my case for exploring on my own, playfully calling me a loner. Maybe I am getting old, or maybe I was waiting to be social when I wasn't just stuck with all the other Americans. And let me be clear, there was nothing wrong with the other Americans, they were great kids and I really made some good friends out of them. I just saw cliques forming and was not about that, unless we're playing games that is. Which happened haha, a group of us got into this game I bought called werewolf. it was a "guess the killer" card game like mafia and a lot of us were well addicted to it. People got really into it and riled up, I also had a lot of fun narrating the game and getting into character. The last day of orientation the internationals all got a free day to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. This was really cool cause i'm an animal nerd (who isn't) and here I got to meet and pet my first kangaroo! we also saw a really cool bird show, a massive crocodile eat a dead chicken, and I fed an emu. I definitely knew I made a great decision in coming to Australia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo trip to Byron May 20th - 26th

Friends and adventures thus far! April 17th - 28th

Solo trip to the Great Barrier Reef before heading back to the U.S. June 22 - June 27th