Last stretches of course work, what i've been learning may 13th - 19th

So the school work has been a bit intense, but nothing too out of the ordinary and in retrospect, pretty damn easy for my last year of school. I mean I have no cap stone and one of my final classes in my under grad is painting haha. been creating pretty tight relationships with my fellow classmates. One of them is Tara and I've got her in my coastal marine ecosystems class and my natural resource policy. Tara is from Massachusetts and is an absolute hoot. One of the funniest people I've ever met. She is also way rad in her knowledge of badass punk music despite her style. I don't think I've seen so many other people completely enjoy another person's company as Tara's. She has been great to have in class and was my project partner in our costal marine ecosystems presentation. We become masters of knowledge on the Giant Cuttlefish and nailed our presentation. She will definitely be one of the people I miss. Besides taxonomic presentations for that class, we also had to do a research paper on one of our labs. the research paper was on these scavenger traps in a local estuary where our prompt was "which marine habitats are more species rich, bare sand or seagrass?". I've written a many of research papers and I got the worst grade ever on this one haha. The other research paper i'm working on is pretty dang intensive, about 5000 words for natural research policy. tis on "can biodiversity credit programs achieve a no net loss of biodiversity?" I need like 30 sources too -_- other classes are also chugging along. Have this group project in global environmental issues where we created this facebook page to better equip the public in pugnacious rhetoric on the subject of climate change. been a cool project and was glad the rest of the group members dug the idea. "debunking the climate change deniers" was our group name and we conducted a survey where we asked people on campus if they believe in climate change, what they think the greatest cause of it is, and how well they could argue their beliefs. Cool stuff cool stuff. Lastly is painting. Started my final master piece for the class and my teacher is not too fond of the idea hahah. oh man ain't art if everyone agrees with it I guess. but like I've said, that class has been a really nice break from the sciences and I've been getting a little bit better! one of my friends in that class is also in global environmental issues. It has been nice having her, Ashley, in painting because we can kinda share the "non-serious" artist perspective that many others can be a bit over bearing with. Well that's it for now.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo trip to Byron May 20th - 26th

Friends and adventures thus far! April 17th - 28th

Solo trip to the Great Barrier Reef before heading back to the U.S. June 22 - June 27th