Friends and adventures thus far! April 17th - 28th

As the cliques crashed and receded like ocean waves I observed and danced to my own drum beat. Been gathering good friends and great times on this east Australian current. Emmet, Orion, Laura and I frequent the Byron surf and night life. As I have not gotten that great at surfing, but I have been getting better at not drowning as massive waves crash me to shore. The four of us have epic nights of metal shows, good beer, and sleeping on the beaches in Byron. Other wild ones I've been getting a long with are Moa and Samuel, the couple from Sweden, and Vhem, the amazing musician from Norway. On my birthday, the 17th them, their roommate Shannon, and several Japanese students bought me a cake and a nice bottle of rum where we ate the cake and watched Spirited away in the dorm's theatre room. I've also gotten very hooked on dungeons and dragons, and have developed quite the group from it. There are around 12 of us throughout college that gather and play together. My main group has been with Mark (our dungeon master and the dude I went to Bali with) Kyle from Africa (who is becoming one of my best friends), Keller (also went to Bali), Alisha, Emmet, and another Marc! Sounds so nerdy but it is seriously a blast and we play like 1-3 times a week. There is also plenty of other activities going on, from doing a horrible job at Karaoke, to a worse job at playing basketball, i'd like to think I've been pretty proactive in my social life! As a student of forestry, I've been keen on going to the local national parks. Went to a rainforest called Night Cap with Shannon and Vhem. We went to the iconic minion falls and learned that the movie "Fern Gulley" was based off of the protest done at night cap in the early 80's. There is another waterfall in the park called protesters falls which I also made a trip out to. Crazy to learn all this when I watched "Fern Gulley" the night before. To stay lean from partying and drinking all the goon (goon is the extremely cheap box wine that everyone gets messed up on because normal beer and liquor is so expensive, seriously a 6 pack of pbr is around 25 bucks!) I also go to this body balance class once a week as well as the gym. that class has been a real saving grace. It consists of Tai Chi, yoga, and palliates. it is a pretty good work out with a mentally hygienic meditation cool down at the end. I am like the only guy in it which makes it interesting haha. Everything is kick ass in Australia, even if my girlfriend is going to break up with me...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solo trip to Byron May 20th - 26th

Solo trip to the Great Barrier Reef before heading back to the U.S. June 22 - June 27th